Monday, June 17, 2013

Twenty-first

Celebrated my twenty-first with my dragonboat besties a couple of weeks ago @ No Signboard Seafood.
Sweet & Sour Pork / Sambal Kang Kong / Chilli Crab / Mantou / Chinese Tea

The girls were having their food ban due to the upcoming PM Cup but here's their cheat meal, all for me. Really thankful that these two girls are always here for me. Missing the times when we would stayover and go for morning trainings together, missing the times when they motivate me during trainings (making hell seems so much more bearable), missing the times we'd study together when exams are nearing. Our friendship is probably one of my biggest takeaway.



Au Chocolat @ MBS (luv the truffles fries) a week ago to celebrate adulthood for the June babies.
Pandora for Elena, Clothings & Accessories for Ying and Kitchen Ware for myself.

Not the kind of person who would join an aesthetics CCA but i'm thankful i did so back in Junior College. These girls are probably the only reason i look forward to every meeting. Being in different streams, different classes, having different subject combinations does not affect how tight we can be. 5 years of friendship and counting. Missing the other three girls.

 photo IMG_1401_zps37432dde.jpg photo IMG_1403_zps48476aea.jpg  photo IMG_1406_zps2f89e6d1.jpg photo IMG_1407_zps324d70a4.jpg
 photo IMG_1440_zps2cafd091.jpg photo IMG_1440_zps2cafd091.jpg


Dinner at The Merry Men on the actual day.
I'd 4.5 hours of tuition back to back and the girls had work so we were already half dead and very very hungry by the time we reached. The place was empty (probably cause it's a Monday) and the food is pretty good too nomz

(& I'll leave my thank you speech to the girls in the next post)



After dinner with the girls, i came home to this pretty red velvet rose cake that my sister bought for me. 
And yes, it tastes as nice as it looks.



Korean BBQ with the sister and parents a day before my actual birthday.
Stupid me brought my DSLR without its battery along so uhm, just two pictures from the phone. We ordered so much that the meal is a combination of lunch and dinner. Super luv the ginseng chicken soup and sweet marinated pork.

I might not be the best sister nor daughter but i'm really thankful for my family, who is here for me 24/7, through the good and bad. Keeping this short and sweet - The presence of my family is probably the greatest gift i can ever receive, i love you daddy mummy and sissy.



La Ristrettos for brunch with Peixuan on Thursday.
(My supposingly last celebration for my twenty-first)

Our friendship was unexpected and i guess it's pretty much some sort of fate? Whatever it is, i really want to say a big thank you to Peixuan for being one of the very important people in my life right now. I appreciate all the things you've done for me, both the big and small. Here's to many more years of friendship bbg x


I swear i'm not good with words and there's really so much more emotions that words cannot fully expressed. All i could manage at this moment is that i know i'm truly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, i am just a random passerby! Just a honest qn - why is your smile always so.. constricted (..squeezing your lips together so tightly)? I truly think that you will look a lot better if you would smile more.. naturally in your photos!

    Cheers!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to smile showing all my teeth then to realise how uneven and yellow my teeth are (Considering to put braces soon but i'd really bad experiences with dentists). Subsequently, my friends and i had some inside jokes about smiling with sharp chins and all so yup.

      I do wish i can smile properly and look decent.. but yeah, thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Rubbbbby! Thats soooo much food in a single post haha! Looks like a very blessed birthday, happy for you (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fee, so happy you left a comment! Anw yes it is and i'm happy that you found your happiness too :>

      Delete