Saturday, February 22, 2014

L E T . G O

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything or anyone that no longer serves you,
grows you or makes you happy"

Never liked the idea of being strangers with people who plays an important role in my life. And so, i've constantly try to keep everybody in my life, for as long as possible, despite being hurt all the time. I've a problem with letting people go. But recently, i've grown to know that it takes two to clap in any relationships (for my case, it's friendship). There's no point for me to continue investing my time and effort trying to maintain the relationship while all that the other party do is to sit on it and take everything for granted. 

"Sometimes, you have to give up on people, not because you don't care but because they don't."

I might not be the bestest or the most understanding or sensitive or angelic friend on earth but i really do try to give thanks, to appreciate, to go great lengths for people around me. I took initiative to do things not because i'm actually free to do it, but because i sincerely want to make the effort to show that i care. But it really hurts, knowing that at the end of the day, i'm probably the only one that bothers. To keep myself sane, i constantly tell myself to expect little or best, none at all.

"Sometimes you have to let people go because they are toxic to you. Let them go because they take and take and leave you empty. Let them go because in the ocean of life when all you're trying to do is to stay afloat, they are the anchor that's drowning you."

Recently, i've let an important friend slipped from my life and it wasn't easy. I've had many sleepless nights and even cried buckets (which probably isn't known by the other party) over the drift in our friendship. I'd so much unhappiness, hurt, disappointment and anger in me. Eventually after countless nights of debate i'd with myself, i thought leaving was probably the best decision. Basically i couldn't stand how i was just a sparetyre when a new group of probably more 'happening' friends entered her life, how i was always lied to (especially a couple which reflects that kind of competitiveness which i thought shouldn't exist between friends), how much she tried to be friends with my all my friends yet be secretive about hers, how much she tried to lead my life (ie buying almost all the exact same clothes i do, going almost all the places i went, taking almost the same kinds of photos i took) and how her words obviously doesn't coordinate with her actions.

"One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change."

A couple of weeks ago, i chanced upon some articles on Facebook which relates pretty well to me. I thought i came across these articles at a pretty apt timing? It serves as a self-reminder as to why i choose to let go...

Article 1 - "10 Types of Friends You Shouldnt Feel Bad Dumping"

7. People who can’t be happy for you.

"The world offers MORE THAN ENOUGH sources of judgment (hello and welcome to the internet) and the people you keep close to you should be your respite. Your friends are meant to be your champions, genuinely and reliably, so if the congratulatory messages you’re receiving are laced with resentment (“You’re so lucky to work in an industry that promotes people so quickly!”) or negated by subtle insults (“Oh, is that a good grad program? Huh.”) it’s time to question just how invested that person is in your happiness. And they should be super invested! Because the cool things about friends is that their happiness is also yours, and vice versa."

Article 2 - "7 Types Of Friends You Need To Reject From Your Life"

2. People who treat you differently from how they treat their other friends.

"When they see you, they greet you without a smile, they aren’t so eager to start a conversation with you, and basically treat you like they have no time for you. But when they see their other friends, they become completely different and become the friendliest person ever."

3. People who do not know how to be thankful.

"You do something nice for them and they do not thank you for it. They treat it as if you have done something that you would have obviously done and do not appreciate your generosity."

4. People who do not give back.

"People who do not know how to be thankful usually do not give back either. You remember their birthdays and get them gifts, but when it’s your birthday, all you get is “oh it’s your birthday? Happy Birthday.”"

2 comments:

  1. Ehh don't sad leh!!! Why nvr tell us!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not interesting lah, all my problems are based on my own emotions. I'll be okay ^^
      Can't wait to meet y'alllllll

      Delete